- 2 acorn squash
- 1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 can black beans
- Mixed assortment of fresh or frozen veggies (I used what I had in my fridge)
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- pinch of cayenne
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds
- Place the halves cut-side down in a baking pan with 1/4 inch water and cover with tinfoil.
- Roast until fork tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- While squash roasts begin to brown the ground turkey/beef a nonstick pan.
- Add mixed vegetables, black beans, hot sauce and spices string occupational until vegetables are slightly cooked and ground turkey/beef is done browning.
- Divide mixture into 4 servings to fit back into the squash halves.
- Spoon equal portions of the mixture into the cavity of each squash half.