- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary, stem removed, chopped fine, about 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or use 1/4 table salt)
- dash fresh-cracked black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed
- Whisk together zest, juice, and rosemary in a small bowl. Divide into two portions.
- Use the first half of the lemon mixture to marinate the chicken breasts in a low bowl. Flip once. Marinate 15-20 minutes.
- Grill chicken, using any leftover lemon mixture to baste chicken as it grills. Note: This marinade will have touched raw chicken, so make sure you don’t use it the last couple minutes of cooking and cook all basted sides well.
- Serve chicken and pour reserved lemon mixture (the half that did not touch the raw chicken) over each chicken breast, just like squeezing a fresh lemon half, except with the delicious flavor of fresh rosemary.
- Serve with your vegetable of choice